Visit our main website for information and resources regarding asbestos exposure, related illnesses, and compensation.
Mesothelioma develops after exposure to asbestos. People with occupation asbestos exposure have higher risks of developing mesothelioma. Any amount of asbestos exposure can cause mesothelioma.
Workers in asbestos industries generally experience higher rates of exposure. Workers can bring home small fibers on clothing, hair and skin. This can also expose loved ones secondarily.
Railroad Occupational Risk For Exposure:
Working in the railway industry has historically been one of the most dangerous occupations. In addition to the risk of railroad accidents and other mishaps, railroad workers were often exposed to toxic asbestos-containing products as part of their job.
Asbestos was used to make locomotives and trains because it was cheap, durable, flexible and provided natural insulation and fireproofing. Many railway companies didn’t tell their employees about the health risks associated with inhaling asbestos. Even worse, many companies are still using locomotive parts made prior to the 1980s, which is when materials were finally made out of non-asbestos containing substances.
Help for Railroad Workers & Their Families
Railroad maintenance workers and engineers faced a moderate level of exposure to asbestos in railway brakes and clutches, furnace cement, boiler parts and asbestos insulation. Asbestos was used in the manufacturing of train and locomotive components from the 1930s through the 1970s. Because asbestos was so widely used on trains, even railroad workers who did not handle the repairs of parts were likely to have been exposed to asbestos.
If you or a loved one has developed an illness such as mesothelioma as a result of exposure to asbestos, you have legal rights and options.
Bringing a claim for an illness caused by asbestos could result in financial compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages, lost quality of life, pain and suffering, and more. Most of these cases reach settlements, meaning they do not have to go to trial. You may also be eligible to file a claim with an asbestos trust fund. This is a fund set up by a company that has gone bankrupt to ensure that victims of asbestos exposure can still receive financial compensation.
Occupational Exposure To Asbestos, The Numbers
- 1.3 million U.S. workers are potentially at risk due to exposure
- 27 million workers were exposed to asbestos between 1940 and 1979
- According to a 2022 report by the European Commission, over 70,000 workers died in 2019 from past exposure to asbestos.
- Over 39,000 American lives are lost due to asbestos-related diseases every year
- Asbestos exposure is the #1 cause of work-related deaths worldwide
Why Choose Bailey Glasser?
- At Bailey Glasser, we have extensive experience representing those who have developed mesothelioma due to exposure.
- Our attorneys have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We understand these cases are often complex and technical. We bring intelligent aggression and substantial experience working product liability cases to verdict and settlement.
- There are no upfront costs. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we take all the financial risk and only charge a fee if we successfully resolve your claim.